Ways to Promote Your Web Site for Free
- Exchange links with other bloggers
- Use BlogRush
- Submit to RSS directories
- Submit to blog directories
- Submit to general directories
- Start a 2nd blog and link to yourself
- Create and give away blog themes (with a link to your blog in the footer)
- Create free plugins
- Create link bait
- Participate in blog carnivals
- Comment on DoFollow blogs
- WordPress Backlinks Plugin (link removed due to possible
- Join communities at MyBlogLog
- Join communities at Bumpzee
- Join communities at Blog Catalog
- Start a community at any of these sites
- Comment on other blogs in your niche
- Email your friends and contacts about a new blog post that may interest them
- Email your readers to say “thank you”
- Email other bloggers to introduce yourself
- Link out to other blogs
- YouTube FORUMS:
Go (also does infoseek). Add a slash (/) at the end of your URL.
Hotbot (possibly the best way to get noticed by inktomi, which doesn't have a submit URL page, is to submit to Hotbot).
Direct Hit (influences Hotbot and MSN)
All The Web (including Fast, influences Lycos)
Canada.com (appears to influence Hotbot). Has two confirmation buttons in sequence.
DirectoriesIt's pretty much essential to submit to these three directories. You should only need to do it once, except for Yahoo! (try resubmitting about every three months). For each directory, go to the correct category page for your site and from there click on Add URL.
Open Directory Project (used by Google, Netscape and many more)
Snap is also a worthwhile directory, but cheekily it forces you to register before submitting.